So things have started to change a little bit (hopefully for the better) in the past few weeks:
- I’ve accepted a job in a completely different field from what I’m used to. I start tomorrow and am really excited to be doing something different and adding to my skill set.
- I’ve started volunteering (specifically, at a music hall around the corner) both as a way to get out and do things and as a great way to make friends (I have very few people I would call “friend” here and it gets fairly lonely sometimes).
- I’m attending more meet ups from meet-up.com (highly recommended, no matter where you are or how many people you know) again, as a way to meet more people and make friends.
- I signed up for yoga classes. I used to do yoga back home and I found it was a great way to balance out the running.
- I am reading more books. I forgot how much I love reading and it’s great to go out and enjoy London weather (when it’s nice) or as an excuse to find a nice cafe to hang out in (when it’s not so nice).
- I’ve loosely started looking for a new flat. As much as I don’t mind this one, I’m not crazy about it and a lot of people live here, meaning it’s often loud and messy.
I also recently found out that I may be eligible for an EU passport since my grandparents has Polish citizenship. I’ve started looking into it and it would be a great option to have.
Wish me luck! Hopefully this will help kick start things a little more and make me happier in London. This bout of homesickness needs to end and I’m glad to finally be doing something about it.